- This event has passed.
Coming Home from War: The Arts and Humanities in the Public Sphere
June 2, 2015 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm | Kresge Town HallFree
Join Stephan Wolfert (Founding Director, Veterans Center for the Performing Arts), Humanities and Arts Division faculty and students from UC Santa Cruz, and local veterans and their families for a discussion about the vital role that literature and the arts can play in understanding the veteran experience and the challenges and opportunities, for both veterans and civilians, of returning from war.
• Charles Hedrick (Professor, History Department)
• Dee Hibbert-Jones (Associate Professor, Art Department; Founder & Co-Director Social Practice Research Center)
• Kimberly Jannarone (Professor, Theater Arts Department; Director, The Odyssey Project)
• Sean Keilen (Associate Professor, Literature Department; Director, Shakespeare Workshop)
• Brenda Sanfilippo, (Lecturer, Literature Department and Writing Program)
• Stephan Wolfert (Founding Director, Veterans Center for the Performing Arts
In addition, be sure to join us for “Cry Havoc“! a one-person play by military veteran Stephan Wolfert, that seamlessly interweaves Shakespeare’s most famous speeches with personal experience to help us understand the national crises we face when we fail in reintegrating our veterans. One night only.
June 1, 2015 | 6pm | Santa Cruz County Veterans Memorial Building.
Brought to you by the UC Santa Cruz Shakespeare Workshop and the Institute for Humanities Research.
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Click here for directions and parking maps: http://ihr.ucsc.edu/directions/
For disability related accommodations, please contact email@example.com or 831-459-5655.
If you have trouble viewing above images, you may view this album directly on Flickr.